Whether you want fuller or more sculptured lips, correct asymmetry, define the vermilion border including the cupids bow or reduce the fine lines around the lips we can help achieve your desired look lip augmentation is ideal. We will assess your facial features and lip structure to make sure your goals are achievable before advising you on a treatment plan. Lip augmentation at QWoman is performed using only the highest-quality dermal fillers and is administered by skilled professionals, to give you a natural pouty look.
Dermal Lip Filler
What is dermal lip filler?
Dermal lip fillers consist of hyaluronic acid – a naturally occurring component of soft tissues in the body. Small volumes of the injectable gel-like material are administered in several places in the lips to enhance and define lip shape to achieve your desired look.
What are the benefits of having dermal lip fillers?
Lip fillers are not only used to add volume to the lips but can also correct many perceived aesthetic issues with lips, including:
- Thin lips
- Straight lips
- Asymmetric lips
- Vertical “smoker” lines above the lips
- Other fine lines around the lips.
Using fillers, a skilled practitioner can create classic lips, ‘Cupid’s bow' lips, more masculine lips, and more.
Is having lip fillers painful?
It depends on your pain threshold. As with any injection, patients may feel some slight discomfort during the procedure. A topical numbing cream will be applied to the lips 30 mins before the procedure is conducted to alleviate some of the discomfort.
How long will the procedure last?
20-30 mins to numb the lips. and then another 10-15 mins for the procedure, depending on the desired aesthetic look.
How much filler can I have in my lips?
That all depends on the look, you want. If you have never had lip filler before, the maximum volume we will administer is 1mL. We will review if more filler is required to achieve the desired look after 6 weeks. If you already have filler in your lips, usually only 0.5mL is required to enhance the definition or correct asymmetry.
Are there any risks or side effects?
No cosmetic procedure is 100 per cent risk-free, but very few adverse reactions can occur with dermal lip filler treatments.
A lip filler procedure is considered a very safe and effective way to augment your lips without surgery or an invasive procedure — provided it is administered by a qualified cosmetic practitioner.
Hyaluronic acid (the material used in dermal fillers) occurs naturally in the body, so the chance of an allergic reaction is very low, and no allergy test is necessary before the procedure.
Though the risk of complications is slight, you should be aware of the following:
- Some patients experience some redness, tenderness, swelling and/or bruising around the injection sites, but this usually dissipates rapidly (generally within five days).
- Injecting too much filler into lips can look highly unnatural, resulting in ‘duck lips' and hidden teeth — so choose your cosmetic practitioner very carefully to prevent this.
- Asymmetry is a rare cosmetic side effect of the procedure, but the risk is reduced if a skilled cosmetic professional administers the injections.
- Lumps and bumps on the lips may last for up to 72 hours after the injections but usually correct themselves (in rare cases, they last for weeks if injections were too superficial or too much filler was injected in a location, but this can be eased with lip massage).
- Rare medical side effects include nerve damage, infections, skin colour changes, cold sores or herpes simplex outbreaks and vascular occlusion.
The risk level for complications and unsatisfactory results increases if you select an inexperienced, non-reputable practitioner for the procedure.
Also, please bear in mind that we do not provide injected lip filler procedures to anyone under the age of 18.
What is lip filler migration?
Lip filler migration occurs when lip fillers spread unintentionally over time, causing an imbalanced appearance of the lips or the lack of a defined border between the lip edge and above and/or below the lip border.
The risk greatly decreases if your procedure is performed by a suitably qualified cosmetic professional. Lip migration only usually occurs when an inexperience partitioner injects too much filler, uses a cheap branded dermal filler or gives poor after-care instructions.
How long do dermal lip fillers last?
Lip enhancement treatment can last 6-18 months or longer before requiring a top-up. This usually depends on how fast the body metabolises the filler and the quality of the product used.
The fuller appearance of your lips is more likely to last longer if you are younger and have more than one filler procedure. Permanent lip fillers are not recommended for safety reasons.